Electrical Service and Panel Upgrades
Electrical Service Upgrades
Did you know national electrical code states all single family homes must have a minimum of 100 amp electrical service?
Why update your electrical service?
- More capacity, with all the electronic devices and appliances we use these days, electrical demands are ever increasing.
- To have a modern, safe and properly bonded/grounded system.
Do you still have fuses?
- Fuses can easily be replaced with larger fuses, leading to wiring which is overloaded, creating a fire hazard.
- Most insurance companies are forcing homeowners to replace their fuse panels with circuit breakers.
What sets Kuhlman Electric apart from the competition?
- Kuhlman Electric installs all their overhead and underground services in PVC conduit. We don’t use cheaper SE cable like many contractors.
- PVC conduit will hold up for many years, where as SE cable will often leak and lead to water damaged meters and panel boards.
- Kuhlman Electric offers an industry leading 5 YEAR, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, WARRANTY on all residential service upgrades
What electrical size is right for my home?
- The electrical load of a home is calculated by doing what is called a load calculation. The load calculation takes into account the total square footage of livable space, along with all electrical loads.
- The majority of homes will never need anything larger than 200 amps.
- Installation of 100 amp or 200 amp service costs the same in labor but the difference is in material cost. We typically recommend a 200 amp service in most cases as the owner will get the best resale value. (Potential buyers love to hear 200 amp service!)
Kuhlman Electric strives to provide New Hampshire and Massachusetts residents with the highest quality electrical services around. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your results, our industry-leading warranties cover the cost of both our materials and our labor.
We offer a no-questions-asked 3 YEAR parts and labor warranty on all of our electrical installations, except for smoke detectors and motion sensor lights, which each have a 1 year warranty.
We also offer a 5 YEAR warranty on all of our residential electrical service upgrades.