ELECTRICAL SERVICE AND PANEL UPGRADES
Electrical Service Upgrades
Did you know national electrical code states all single family homes must have a minimum of 100 amp electrical service?
Why update your electrical service?
- More capacity, with all the electronic devices and appliances we use these days, electrical demands are ever increasing.
- To have a modern, safe and properly bonded/grounded system.
Do you still have fuses?
- Fuses can easily be replaced with larger fuses, leading to wiring which is overloaded, creating a fire hazard.
- Most insurance companies are forcing homeowners to replace their fuse panels with circuit breakers.
What sets KES apart from the competition?
- KES installs all their overhead and underground services in PVC conduit. We don't use cheaper SE cable like many contractors.
- PVC conduit will hold up for many years, where as SE cable will often leak and lead to water damaged meters and panel boards.
- KES offers an industry leading 5 YEAR, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, WARRANTY on all residential service upgrades
What electrical size is right for my home?
- The electrical load of a home is calculated by doing what is called a load calculation. The load calculation takes into account the total square footage of livable space, along with all electrical loads.
- The majority of homes will never need anything larger than 200 amps.
- Installation of 100 amp or 200 amp service costs the same in labor but the difference is in material cost. We typically recommend a 200 amp service in most cases as the owner will get the best resale value. (Potential buyers love to hear 200 amp service!)